THE FACTS OF ORAL HYGIENE: LASER DENTISTRY
July 31, 2017
Are you aware that lasers have been around in dentistry since the early 1990s and continue to be used in a wide assortment of dental procedures today? Lasers provide a level of precision that is not easily achieved with the human touch, allowing services to be given that are extremely safe and effective. Here are a few tips about laser dentistry:
– Lasers are powerful enough to redesign gums and gum tissue around teeth to remove bacteria or prepare teeth for a variety of treatments and procedures, including root canals.
– Lasers can be used to prepare cavities for treatment by blasting away the decay and preparing a tooth for a dental filling to be inserted.
– Lasers can enhance the quality of your gum tissue by removing various abnormalities like sores and lesions.
– Lasers can be used to initiate teeth whitening gels for patients looking to whiten their teeth.
– Lasers can take off tiny amounts of tissue for cancer biopsies.
If you need laser dentistry treatments with Biolase’s Epic X Diode laser, come visit Ladera Dentistry today. With the helpful support of Dr. Mai X. Ly and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Ladera Ranch, California, we can repair your smile. To schedule an appointment, call us at 949-347-7083. Oral health care just keeps getting better!